Commonly asked questions when meeting someone new, online or in real life, have become popular nowadays. Especially, such questions may get you even closer or, at least, help you understand whether that person is your match or not. However, you need to prepare some questions to understand whether you can trust that person, which is more important than it can seem. Since meeting new people online has become quite prevalent, it’s sad that people don’t spend some time getting to know each other better. Isn’t an online dating platform a place where people should be more comfortable about more awkward questions?
Why is it important to know someone better before meeting them for the first time? Since a real meeting imposes more danger than an online one, you should know who your match is. At least some basic information should be known. But it’s not only safety that matters here; we are talking about having a nice and pleasant meeting. Mutual expectations can be the best catalyst in creating a more solid relationship. When it comes to meeting someone you met online, you should have a basic understanding of common interests and expectations. For example, if you are seeking a chance for casual dating, make sure a person you are about to meet shares the same enthusiasm.
Meeting someone online: tips to follow
The procedure of dating online is quite standard. First of all, you dedicate some time to doing research online before making up a decision about any particular site for meeting someone new. Then, you register and create an informative profile so that you can be appealing to some profiles online. Here are some basic tips that can make your experience of meeting someone online more appealing and less disappointing:
- don’t be afraid to start a conversation: online dating isn’t something like sitting in the pub and trying to spot someone. In this case, you can’t be sure if that person may like you or might want to talk to you. However, on dating platforms, things are different, and there’s no need to worry at all. Even if someone doesn’t want to talk to you, you’ll have more alternatives to choose from.
- don’t wait for someone to write first: who is first to write isn’t on the agenda anymore. Online dating is the only place where you can get over cliché problems and create new relationships much more easily. All you need is to write to someone to show that you are interested in that particular person. Don’t forget that online platforms are the best places where you should act as quickly as possible, so don’t miss a chance to meet someone new.
- rush to have a video call: video calls are among the most critical and the best ways of learning more about a match you met online. A face-to-face talk will never be the same as simply sending texts to each other. Two main things are clearly understood via video calls. First of all, you can get a clear idea about whom you are talking to and understand if a profile is real or fake. Secondly, you can see a person in real life instead of relying only on photos, which makes you even more confident about going on.
- don’t make online dating limited to virtual dates: this sounds strange, but you shouldn’t be limited to online dating as you can find yourself completely indulged in dating virtually, forgetting about real-life dating. At some point, this can be tiring and boring, and all-time spent will be in vain. Thus, when you feel it’s time to arrange a real-life date, you should ask your partner. If everything goes well, you can get your face-to-face meeting.
Meeting someone online: things to be careful about
Unfortunately, not everything can go as you plan or desire. Thus, you should be careful. Although online dating continues to become more popular, the number of disappointed people continues to grow as well. Simply put, if you know how to detect scam sites or profiles, then it means you can increase your chances of finding someone decent online. Here are things to consider when meeting someone online:
- reluctant to make video calls: the simplest way of detecting someone fake or fraudulent online is to invite them for a video call. If that person offers lame excuses like camera problems or being outside, then it’s a signal that this person may not be reliable.
- unusual language use: sometimes users online find tons of messages from a particular person, and such attention might be pleasant at first. But then, they can spot inconsistencies in things being written. Or sometimes the language used can be ideal, whereas in other messages the language used may be too vague or unclear.
- asking for your money: you can’t even imagine how professionally some people can ask for your money. For example, they can send you some sad stories or tell you that they have a birthday. So, watch out such money traps not to find yourself deceived. In these cases, even online platforms may favor such profiles, meaning that you are on a scam website.
- posting too hot pics: some fake profiles can be spotted with specially posted photo galleries where some pics might be too provocative. Why is that bad? First of all, such profiles get more attention and communicate with everyone, being kind and making lots of promises. Beauty makes people its slaves. Thus, be careful with too hot profiles.
Meeting someone online vs meeting someone in real life
Online dating has offered people lots of opportunities and sad realities. Thus, you should know that meeting someone online may not be the same as meeting someone in real life. People are different, and such a difference may be clear when meeting someone you met online in real life. You can feel that huge gap as there’s no clear-cut answer to how this can be avoided. Online dating has polarized people into two categories. One group believes more in real dating and conventional means of loving, whereas the other group insists on digital world dating. Here things get more complicated. Some problems you can face:
- problems with communication: sometimes, you can see that a person you have been dating online seems not talkative at all. The flirts and jokes you loved having online seem to be gone.
- not meeting your expectations: from online dating to real-life meetings, much can be different. It happens that after the first real-life date, people just get disappointed because they have expected someone different.
- misunderstanding: that happens quite often. Even though people tend to be more open and honest when it comes to online dating, it still happens that expectations are totally different, not as they have been discussed before.
Meeting someone online: dating rules
If you do not want a real-life meeting to turn out a complete disaster, you need to follow the basic rules. Don’t forget that virtual dating can open more opportunities if you know how to use it smartly. Here are some essential dating rules that can give you a chance for meeting someone new better and more pleasantly.
- choose your dating site or app carefully: indeed, the main problem when it comes to meeting someone online is a problem with choosing a decent platform or app where ultimate safety and great experience of dating could be ensured.
- be straight: no need to be shy as here online, you are not only to meet someone you can love or like, but it’s also about meeting single-minded people who can understand you better than anyone else. So, be open and honest about yourself and what you expect from dating online.
- get a more appealing profile: you need to have an appealing but not appalling profile so that you can attract someone. Thus, some experts suggest that you should add a photo that you would like to show off. Your main goal is to attract the attention of people you can like or simply date.
- be tolerant and open: online dating platforms are the places where you can meet people of different ideas, philosophies, backgrounds, and so on. You better be open to new things and people you will meet online.
- don’t have a chance to communicate: the main goal of many dating apps or sites is to arrange communication online. Thus, you better benefit from nice services online so that you can communicate more smartly and have fun.
Meeting someone new online or in reality can be a unique experience when you need to be ready for everything, bad or good. Thus, you need to be careful enough as meeting someone in real life may entail more perils and disappointment, so keep in mind the above mentioned tips.